Sunday 16 March 2014

"When I work, I work very fast, but preparing to work can take any length of time"

Hiyaa,

I haven't done a post in a while so I kicked myself off the couch and encouraged myself to show you guys what I've been up to.

So, as you can see by the quote I have used for my post title; basically explains what I've been pushing myself to do and complete by the end of this week!

The image on the left is one of the experimental built up canvases I've been working up to achieving. My ideas for experimentation and final piece ideas are coming together quite quickly which is better than me just flicking through my research trying to figure out ideas.

So for my built up canvases I am just using collage paper and glue. I will eventually use mod rock however, I would need to experiment with this first before I try emerging together a load of  materials I haven't used before...
Also with research I found out that I could use other ways to build up texture within the canvas this could be by getting a good medium and adding it to the "impasto" technique of building up layers within the paint and eventually build up an awareness of the image I am trying to portray with texture, color, movement and opposing dark to light effects.

Below are some of the experiments I have done so far this week:
Zoomed in image of a built up layer of printing ink paint which I used instead of acrylic as I was short on materials so I just used what I had.

Zoomed out image of the full built up example of one of the canvases I did using a mix of acrylic, printer ink paint and emulsion to separate the different strengths of medium use in the paint.

Watercolor and Biro experiment of Peckforton Castle when I visited a couple of weeks ago.

Biro, quink wash and oil pastel experiment of Beeston castle ruin.
Ink, emulsion and Biro experimental drawing depicted by John Piper and his built up materials he uses to create a mood or a meaning in his work.
Materials used: Quink, emulsion, Biro, oil pastel, printing paint, watercolor, fine liner for detailing.


No comments:

Post a Comment