Friday 31 January 2014

Artist: Alphonse Mucha and Rebecca Guay

Rebecca Guay: Creator of IMC

Hellooo everyone, this post is just an update of what I'm currently working on. 
Creator and professor at IMC, Rebecca Guay creates beautifully delicate illustrations. Rebecca Guay is an artist specializing in watercolor painting and illustration. She is mostly known for her work commissioned by Magic: The Gathering,[1] White Wolf Publishing, and DC Vertigo comics, World of Warcraft TCG, Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons & Dragons and Bella Sara TCG.


Her painting style is reminiscent of master artist and illustrator, Alphonse Mucha.

But I love how she's brought a hint of that style and art history to the science fiction/fantasy world of today.
Moon and Stars by Alphonse Mucha is a depict piece that involves nature as well as symbolism and myths portrayed in the form of a woman. Like I explained in my last post on 'Mother Nature' this is what I want my work to come into in my Final Major Project, as I feel not only does it show illustration but also art history.
Music by Alphonse Mucha, is another great example of including all the topics of research but just in one final piece. As you can see the colours wears off from the figure and into the background and foreground giving the figure a sense of purpose.

Like a dream, art both is and isn't true. Both offer a challenge to the tyranny of realism, replacing what is with what might be. Both generate an altered state of consciousness removed from the humdrum – and both lend themselves to interpretation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment