Thursday 10 October 2013

Breaking the mould..



Starting something new is never easy but knowing me I always like a challenge.

The next stage in the course was implementing design ideas for working with ceramics. Truth be told I hated it but it was good to be able to use clay in a way that would replicate my design ideas, in this case making the drawing influence life into that little blob of clay. The first time I looked at my designs, I thought "how am I going to make this look like this?!" I admit it was hard for me because I am used to paint and canvases and fiddling around with clay to make it take shape and form was hard, however as time went on...I actually got the hang of making things work.
After working with ceramics I began to understand how all the planning and design work was necessary as I changed my mind often how everything was to come about and that finding the balance of not making it too dry or too wet, made hours of working with it annoying but bearable.
I have now completed my final design work in ceramics as well as the final piece (thank god) and now moving on with Fashion Paper Garments.

No comments:

Post a Comment