Monday 11 November 2013

Who said Chic couldn't be cheap?...and recyleable.

Hi,
I know my last post was nearly a month ago. This was due to my account being down for some time but on the plus side I'd done some planning for my up to date work posts :) 

Fashion Paper Garment.
At first I had no idea how to come about my ideas for developing this project, but I had one specification: that it was made out of renewable old fashion magazines...see what I did there, I'd used the project title as a starting point for my ideas.
As I was researching I had got together various handbags and with these created my own bag designs. With each image, I had chosen features that would build up not only my designs but my overall finished product as well. I did this because I wanted it to seem as realistic as possible though it was made out of paper, given that I had used cello tape too to bind the weaved paper together, I'd thought this too could help represent my weather-proof strategy and also portray the purpose more effectively.

So...my "paper accessory" turned out to be a 'recyclable' 'weather-proof' product that benefited a specific target audience as well as suiting the purposes. Also I didn't expect it to be as good as I wanted it to be compared to my design work! By using my methods of planning I think I wouldn't be where I was today in the course without effective use of artists research, research on paper manipulation techniques, mind map planning, and developed drawings. 
I actually really enjoyed this project because personally I love messing with materials and try to make something out of it.
Here's how my finished product turned out:
Side View of the bag to show the front and side features

Front View
My Designer Influences...
  • Ally Capellino
  • Pieces
  • Daks
  • Fleet llya

No comments:

Post a Comment