Sunday 17 November 2013

"Lights!, Graphite!, Pose!"


Helloooo everyone,

A "life drawing" is a drawing of the human figure from observation of a live model. A figure drawing may be a composed work of art or a figure study done in preparation for a more finished work such as a painting.

So today I'd just thought I'd catch up on a session that I missed a couple of weeks ago 'Life Drawing'. The title "Lights, Graphite, Pose!" is just a quick relatable quote that I know you all will know but just twisted in a sense of this session I am going to do.
Though unlike most life drawings you see, I am going to express some emotion into my sketches to enhance the pose and re-create a personal story. I find that this will create an approach of developed observation and show you how the human figure can be interpreted due to many factors in their life.

 
So, here they are...I have just done them in graphite as I didn't want the grunge mess that the charcoal creates. I have used mark makings and tone to show form in the figures and harsh lines to show the outline. My approach to drawing these figures was drawn from photographs that I had found using this website: http://www.a-muse.me/ and just random poses found on Google search.
 
I had found inspiration looking at the drawings from Leonardo da Vinci to see how he illustrates tone, texture and form in the human figure and how I could reflect from using his work. He is known for his "startling accuracy of anatomical sketches".
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment