Sunday 8 December 2013

Statement Art!


Hi,

Following my last post on Political Art I have done a separate post to the developed piece I did on my own.
We were told that we must conclude all amounts of research and make our work into appropriate propaganda that says it all. Though not all my ideas quite ended up to be what the brief wanted me to produce...One in particular stood out from the rest which was to produce a statement piece of art; which concluded of me buying/ building a crate and printing trademarks of anti-racism text/ inspirational black power quotes on the outside or building up the inspirational figures that made society what it is today with the negativity actions kept on the inside of the crate. In the form of negativity actions I'd thought that I could use artificial fruit because after all I wanted to show my research reaching out in the form of cultural backdrops such as slaves in agriculture.

Quotes taken from Booker T. Washington and other inspiring people.

Shown below is my statement piece and why I had chosen to develop it:




The reason why I had made a statement piece was because racism is rotting the cores of generation to generation, simply speaking in my mind that I can do a piece that sums up everything from the past right up to our modern day in 2013. Also I had wanted to extend my way of working by not just following the brief but by developing my own sense of strategy.
The content of the crate is contained with the past of discrimination against people, with references to slavery, right up to the inspirations of Black Power such as Martin Luther King, Huey P Newton, Rosa Parks etc.
Its main purpose is to create a cover from which people push aside (bystanders) and to be represented in a way that concludes history and modern day success.

No comments:

Post a Comment