Sunday 8 December 2013

“They may take our lives, but they will never take... our FREEDOM!”






































Helloo again!
 
 
The quote made for the title is supposed to give effect of the project "Political Art" that I was briefed to do next. Although my topic of effect is the past and present of Racial Equality.
Throughout my research I had sought through information from the slavery times to the recognisable events that took place in society of the 1960's.
 The materials that I have mainly used were drawing ink and printing ink though they are very similar printing ink tested my patience on how long it took to dry whereas the drawing ink played the same part as the other one but it dried a lot quicker. I found printing on paper was most efficient as the ink printed very nicely and with no areas that didn't come out (as seen on the image below).
Below I have created my trio of statement pieces. These are shown below:


Black Power Print
The materials I had used was the prints that I had created and printing ink. I found it very enjoyable however the method is messy and takes a while to dry which took some days to getting used to before I could work into any of them. Ahh I'm so glad I have finished this project now and moving on to the painting experimentation next week! Now there's something that I can do very nicely...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment